Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Change

I have changed my blog... I wanted the address to be my title and so on.

My title? My "mimi" (my maternal grandmother) was a a fireball. She was the glue that held our family together. She had a superior memory, a love for life and her family. When I was young, in all of my graceful tomboy glory, whenever I would trip over a crack in the pavement , crash on bike or skates or fall while running, she would greet me with my new band aid, ace bandage or cast with a simple "speaking of grace". She would then hug me and make the hurt from the wound go away.

Now that I am older I find that I am saying it to myself, when I drop a full can of diet coke, trip over a crack in the pavement or over my words as I try to make right a wrong for a poor choice in the daily grind of life. Everytime words echo in my mind I think of my Mimi, I wish she were here, for if nothing but a hug to make the pain from the "trip" go away, and to offer a word of wisdom to get back on course.

Speaking of Grace...I don't want to get caught up in the "trips" of my life, but I am not perfect, hell no one is. I just want to remember the giggle I would get out of the comment, remembering that all wounds heal, band aids do cover scars and that life does offer graceful moments if you take the time to notice.

~S

No comments: