Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Girlfriends...

I have many, I do not see them everyday, I do not talk to them weekly, and for that I feel a finger tapping out a shame. shame. shame.  But I know them.  I know that time changes our appearance and that distance makes weekly dinner and drinks not just difficult but downright impossible.  I know that when I find that they are sad, when life hands them a fistful of icantbelievethisishappeningtome, I want to be at their front door with a cure, even though we both know that one does not exist.  I know that phone calls and e-mails help, that reading words from someone who cares make you feel less alone.  
I hope they know that this is true. I know I love them as if they were my sisters (a couple are), even if it has been too long since we stayed up too late laughing until we cried.  Even if time has given us creases.  Even if distance has given us a delay.  I hope they know, I know.
Old times, some of the best times...
~S


1 comment:

Leah said...

I know you know...